Free School Meals (FSM) Eligibility
- Please apply for FSM if your circumstances have changed due to pandemic. Making an application is straightforward and you should get a decision quickly. You can apply here https://www.learningtrust.co.uk/content/apply-free-school-meals .
- Please let the office know if you are not entitled to FSM but feel that you are struggling as we might be able to offer you other help such as food hampers. If this is the case, please email email@example.com and we will be in touch.
- The supermarket voucher scheme up and running and you should have received those and will continue to do so on a weekly basis. The vouchers are only for children who are entitled to FSM and do not currently attend the school. The value of the voucher is £15 per week.
- Breakfast bundles for children entitled to FSM are on offer as a part of Magic breakfast initiative and will be regularly distributed, please register your interest.
- Hackney foodhub supports vulnerable people in the borough with food and medication delivery if you are not able to leave home. Individuals can also apply for help with food by calling 020 8356 3111.
With immediate effect, eligibility for free school meals has temporarily been extended to include some children of groups who have no recourse to public funds (NRPF). This extension of eligibility will end when schools have reopened to all children.
You may be eligible for support with free school meals for a temporary period as a result of the coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak. Please complete this form if you are in one of the following categories:
A Zambrano carer
Have the right to remain in the UK under Article 8 of the ECHR
Receiving support under Section 4 of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
Receiving support under Section 17 of the Children Act 1989 AND are subject to a NRPF condition
Apart from those receiving support under Section 4 of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999, you must also be earning less than £7,400 per year after tax.
If you feel that this applies to you, then please fill in the form below and email it to the school office, on firstname.lastname@example.org. If you are unable to email it to us, then please place it in a sealed envelope and leave it in the school reception area.